A Look Inside the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book
At Pixajoy, we’re big believers that your moments – be it weddings, graduations, or even an unforgettable trip to somewhere special, deserves to be celebrated and immortalised in print. So with these thoughts in mind, we’ve decided to shed some light on another one of our meticulously crafted photo books. Say hello to the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book.
This wow-worthy photo book is the ideal choice for giving those ‘once in a lifetime’ moments the attention they deserve. Utilising all of our more premium features from cover type to binding, this bold and charming keepsake is definitely a ‘must-have’ for your collection!
Read on to find out more about what makes the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book so special!
Similar to our Debossed Hardcover Photo Book that we’ve talked about previously, the Window Die-Cut hardcover is made out of sturdy hardboards that have been wrapped in your choice of cover materials. These materials range from:
- Textured metallic (in Linen, Croc & Leather textures)
- Tinsel Shine
Fun Fact: The various cover materials are made of natural fibers (plant-based fibers) which are non-corrosive, durable, renewable and sustainable.
However, what differentiates the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book from the Debossed Hardcover is the fact that the ‘window’ on the cover has actually been cut out of the high-quality hardboard materials. This technique helps to give the photo book some extra texture and gives your cover image a unique feeling of depth.
So if you’re in the market for something that ‘stands-out’ from the crowd, the personalisable Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book might be for you. Not only does it exude a fresh, contemporary vibe, but the tactile appeal of the book makes it one that you just can’t help but pick up.
Pro-Tip: You can further personalise the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book by choosing the finishing you’d like to use on the front cover image.
Another unique aspect of the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book is the binding. Depending on your preferences or the type of photo book that you’re making, you can opt for two different kinds of binding types.
- Standard Binding
- Flush Mount Binding
For those of you who are unfamiliar, side-sewn binding is when the pages of your book are invisibly stitched together along the spine to create a curved gutter. This style of binding is also known as stab-sewn binding. A similar style of binding is utilised in both our Softcover and Imagewrap Hardcover photo books as well.
Besides being extremely durable, this style of binding also makes it possible to create personalised Window Die-Cut Photo Books that have anywhere between 40 – 150 pages.
Flush Mount Binding
The flush mount binding will give your Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book the ability to lay completely flat at 180°. This ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy a seamless and uninterrupted view of your photos – as nothing can get lost in the crease, unlike with the standard binding method. This premium binding method is popular for creating books for special occasions like:
- Memorial Books
However, do keep in mind that when choosing the flush mount binding, it will affect two aspects of your window die-cut photo book. Namely:
- The thickness of the pages
- The number of pages
In order to attain the flush mount look, your photo will have to be printed (as a one-piece photo print – printed ‘flush’ against the borders of the spread/page) and then mounted onto a piece of hardboard. This will result in a sturdy and luxurious Window Die-cut photo book with pages that measures 1.5mm in thickness.
Due to the thickness of each individual page, a Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book that utilises the flush mount binding will only be able to have a page count of between 20 – 40 pages; as anything more will result in the book being far too unwieldy.
Shape & Orientation
The Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Books come in three shapes or orientations which are:
- Landscape – 6″x 8″ | 8.5″x 11″ | 11″x 15″
- Portrait – 8″x 6″| 11″x 8.5″ | 15”x11”
- Square – 8” x 8” | 12” x 12”
Do Note: The size choices provided were carefully selected so that you’ll be able to enjoy any orientation at their most optimal sizes.
In addition, if you’re having trouble deciding which orientation you’d like to go for, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when selecting your photo book orientation:
- Taller than they are wider.
- Saves space on the bookshelf
- Excellent for creating photo books that focus more on details; such as a person’s face, features or expression.
- Wider than they are taller.
- Gives a feeling of peace and balance.
- Best orientation to showcase an overview of different elements that build a scene.
- Even length on all sides.
- Fresh, modern look to display your photos.
- Versatile as it is the ideal shape for displaying landscape and portrait photography as well as your Instagram snaps.
A New Home For Your Memories
As mentioned before, depending on the type of binding you choose, your personalisable Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Books can either have a maximum number of 150 pages (standard biding) or 40 pages (flush mount binding). However, the limitation on the number of pages that a photo book can have does not affect the number of images you want (or can) include in the book.
With the clever use of layouts, there’s no limit to the number of photos that you can include in your Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book. Additionally, we’ve also prepared hundreds of pre-design photo layouts to make it easier for you to mix and match layout styles for your book. From 1 photo per page to up to 9 photos per page (not including template specific layouts), you’ll have no trouble fitting in all your photos to design a one of a kind photo book!
Fun Fact: If you can’t seem to find a premade layout that suits your needs, you can use the add picture box tool in our online editor to design your own layout.
To ensure that the photo book meets your personal preferences, the Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book also comes with several paper options and finishing for you to choose from depending on the binding type.
- 190gsm Premium Photo Lustre: Features a beautiful pearly/sandy texture with the slightest hint on shine. Offers great longevity and softens images to give your book a more romantic and decadent appeal. [FSC Certified]
- 150gsm Art Paper with Gloss Lamination: Offering the best in terms of dynamic colour contrast, the photos printed using this paper type will appear modern and lively.
- 150gsm Art Paper with Matte Lamination: Classy and elegant, the photos printed using this paper type will appear smooth and completely shine-free.
- * 240gsm Textured Paper Linen: Exudes an elegant and classy feel, this durable material is resistant to colour fade and features a smooth, subtly embossed texture that is reminiscent of fine linen.
- *150gsm Textured Fine Art: Features a smooth and writable surface, this premium quality textured fine art paper softens your images to give it a more lively and earthy appeal. Highly suitable for printing nature photography, artworks, and black & white images.
*Applicable for photo books sizes 11” x 15” and above.
Flush Mount Binding
- 1360gsm Textured Paper Linen: Featuring a smooth, subtly embossed texture that is reminiscent of fine woven linen fabric, this material exudes elegance and class. Fairly durable, this material is also resistant to colour fade.
- 1300gsm Art Card with Protective Gloss Lamination: Offering the best in terms of dynamic colour contrast, the photos printed using this paper type and finishing will appear modern and lively.
- 1300gsm Art Card with Protective Matte Lamination: Elegant and sophisticated, the photos printed using this paper type and finishing will appear smooth and completely shine-free.
*Do note that all the paper materials used in producing our range of photo books are ethically sourced.
Depending on what kind of tone your book carries, the paper material and finishing can dramatically add more impact to the book.
There’s nothing wrong with having precautions set up in place for worst-case scenarios. After all, the concept of ‘safety first’ has been drilled into us since our early childhood! That being said, getting the custom slipcase for your Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book is just an extra precaution that you can take to ensure that your book remains in pristine conditions.
Made out of pieces of sturdy hardboard, the custom slipcase is handcrafted to fit the exact measurement of your book. To ensure it fits with the overall aesthetic of your book, the slipcase (should you order it) will feature the same materials used to design the cover of your Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book.
For example, if you chose to use a textured metallic cover in Croc Black Pearl for the cover of your photo book, your slipcase will come in Croc Black Pearl as well.
For those of you who are still wondering what the slipcase has to offer, here’s a small list to keep in mind.
- The slipcase will protect your book against dust
- The slipcase will protect your book from light (lower the risk of discolouration over time)
- The slipcase will protect your from being dented should it be dropped
- The slipcase is aesthetically pleasing
- The slipcase is the perfect way to present your Debossed Hardcover Photo Book (if gifting to someone)
Utilising a ‘slide-in’ method, the slipcase only has one side open for you to easily store or retrieve your book from the protective casing.
That wraps up this in-depth peek at our premium Window Die-Cut Hardcover Photo Book. To summarise, this particular book is a great option for those of you who prefer a photo book that’s a cut above the rest. Tactile yet elegant, this classic and contemporary looking book is not only gorgeous to be put on display but is also incredibly long-lasting – the perfect book to be turned into an heirloom that can be passed down to future generations!
If you’re interested in exploring a different type of photo book or creating a different type of photo good altogether, please feel free to visit our website or check out our latest promotions to see the latest deals.